FOR YOUTH BY YOUTH EXPO FRIDAY 15 SEPTEMBER, 3-6PM HENDERSON PARK, MILDURA + GIVEAWAYS & FOOD + INFORMATION STALLS + LIVE MUSIC & PERFORMANCES + INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES
youth SERVICES MILDURA
FOR YOUTH BY YOUTH EXPO
You are invited to participate in the For Youth by Youth Expo to be held on Friday 15 September from 3pm to 6pm at Henderson Park, Deakin Avenue Mildura. Stall holders will be required to set up by 2:30 and stay until 6pm to pack up.
The For Youth by Youth Expo is an initiative of the Mildura Rural City Council’s Youth Action Committee. The Youth Expo will be a multi-agency event that aims to improve young people’s wellbeing by increasing their awareness (and use) of agencies and services that are available in our region. The expo will also showcase career opportunities available in the region, registered training providers, upcoming training course available and volunteering opportunities.
This year’s focus will be
• Youth health and wellbeing (positive mental health messaging related to anxiety and depression)
• Youth engagement and participation
• Youth Education, training and employment
Each organisation will be provided with a space (approx. 3 metres by 3 metres) to promote their organisation’s activities and services to make a difference to a young person’s wellbeing and future career path. This event will also be a great opportunity to network with other organisations. We encourage organisations to be creative with their displays and to provide simple activities to engage young people.
If you would like some ideas on how to make the most of your stall, see below for more details. Everything for young people is to be free. There is NO COST involved for stall holders. All Stall Holders who are not government funded will be required to provide a public liability certificate of currency.
A site plan will be provided closer to the event, once all stall holders have been confirmed.
Registration form must be returned by Friday 4 August 2017
What will you need to bring?
• Well planned and thoughtful activities
• Sufficient Staff: A number of stall holders have found it useful to work in pairs over a rostered period (This way everyone gets an opportunity to look around and enjoy the day, network and maintain their energy).
• There will be limited powered sites available. Please consider using battery power (e.g. for laptops) if possible. If you require power, you will need to provide your own extension cord (need to be discussed with Youth Development Officer)
• Sticky tape, string, blue tack, extra water and sun block (just in case), business cards to hand out
• Easy to read details for your service including location
• Marquee, Tables, Chairs & Display boards
For more information or assistance with the registration:
Please contact the Youth Development Officer, Barbara Clifford on (03) 5018 8280.
Or email [email protected]